‘Kimochis’ is a social-emotional learning and character education program. Participants will learn how to:
- recognise and manage emotions,
- demonstrate care and concern for others,
- establish positive relationships,
- make responsible decisions and;
- handle challenging situations constructively.
The Kimochis programs run for 9 weeks throughout school terms.
During the 9 weeks the program is split into 2 units:
- During the first unit (week 1-5) your child will be introduced to the five Kimochis Characters, each with a different personality.
- The second unit (week 6-9) the focus is on the Kimochis Keys to communication that help participants learn how to listen openly, make good choices, be willing to speak in respectful and responsible ways and be open to negotiating problems.
The Kimochis is suitable for 5-8 year olds.
The 5 characters help children explore and manage their big feelings and different behaviours, and with the help of the characters, identify ways to confront any situation in a positive and helpful way.
- Lovey Dove helps with worried feelings and celebrating others!
- Cat can sometimes have cranky feelings but learns to apologise and forgives.
- Cloud can sometimes be unpredictable but is working on words.
- Huggtopus has BIG feelings but sometimes forgets about boundries!
- Bug does not like change, but still looks at the positives!
Group Program Screening Interview: All new clients to Bloom Wellbeing will need to complete a Group Program Screening Interview with our Group Program Coordinator prior to enrolling to ensure they are placed in the correct program to see them flourish.
The Screening Interview will cost $43.39 and is claimable under NDIS, and can be booked online here, or alternatively call the clinic on (08) 7228 0248. Please write in the appointment comments whether you would like a phone, Zoom or in-person appointment.
Prior to the first appointment please complete the online group client information form, which will be sent with the appointment confirmation email.
We ask that this appointment is with the Parent/Carer (Support Workers also welcome) only (no children) to allow us to talk freely about any issues or concerns.
Total cost of program is: $792.04
This includes 9 x group program sessions plus program and resource preparation fee (to be billed with the first week’s invoice)